This policy aims to explain clearly, and in plain language some of the fundamental procedures and processes we have employed in order to protect your privacy, manage your personal information, and comply with the Australian Privacy Principles, the Privacy Act 1988, and the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 (“Act”).
Personal information about visitors to our site is collected only when knowingly and voluntarily submitted. For example, we may need to collect such information to provide you with further services or to answer or forward any requests or enquiries. It is our intention that this policy will protect your personal information from being dealt with in any way that is inconsistent with applicable privacy laws in Australia.
Collection of Information
We may collect information when you:
- Visit or view our website; or
Where information is provided to us about someone else (such as one of your directors or employees or someone with whom you have dealings) you must ensure you are entitled to disclose that information to us and that we may use and disclose such information for the purpose it was disclosed to us.
Retravision Commercial complies with the Spam Act 2003, which deals with restrictions on sending emails.
Collecting Information on Users of our site
As part of becoming a user of our site and submitting contact forms, we collect personal information about you in order for you to take full advantage of our services. To do this it may be necessary for you to provide additional information to us as detailed below.
Form Submission is completely optional. Submission may include submitting your name, email address, address, telephone numbers, and option on receiving updates and promotional material and other information.
Depending on the exact nature of our relationship with you, we may request that you provide some, or all of the following information:
- Information that we may require to initially identify you, including your name, date of birth, home address;
- Information that we may require to confirm your identity, including your passport details, driver’s licence number, Medicare card, business name;
- Information that we can use to contact you, including your telephone number, mobile number, email address, residential, shipping and billing addresses
- Interests and information about your transactions with us or our business partners, including the products and services we provide to you;
- Information that may assist us to confirm your credit history or financial status when you are considering a credit arrangement or finance, including your bank details, credit card details, loan and credit information where finance arrangements apply and purchase history or transaction details.
- The information we will require will depend on the specific goods and services that we are providing to you. We will only collect personal information from you that we reasonably require in order to satisfactorily perform the services or supply the goods that you require from us.
If you are accessing our products and services via our website, we may use technology to collect information as to your activities, including the IP address of your computer (or other devices) and your web browsing history in our websites.
Use of Information for Marketing Purposes
As part of the services that we provide to you, we may:
- Disclose your personal information to our related entities, to our business partners, or any one or more of the Recipient Parties to allow them to inform you about a product or service that might be of interest to you;
- Contact you occasionally to inform you about a product or service that we believe you might be interested in; and
- Use personal information that we have collected to identify a product or service that we believe will be beneficial to you.
You may request that we do not disclose your personal information to facilitate direct marketing by another organisation and you may request that we provide you with the source of any personal information we use for direct marketing purposes. Any such requests will be actioned within a reasonable time frame, and you will not incur charges for either making such a request, or from us actioning such a request.
Information Disclosure; Publicity or via Social Media
Retravision Commercial provides content and services on a range of platforms (including social media networks) with interactive features to which you may contribute. If you post your personal information in publicly accessible places or social media platforms, your personal information will become publicly available (subject to, where applicable, any privacy settings you have in place in social media platforms). Retravision Commercial will not be responsible for the protection of your personal information you choose to publish this way.
If you provide a review or rating for a product available on one or more of our websites, you agree that we may publish part or all of your review or rating together with your name, job title and company name.
Security and Storage
We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our sites, and we review and update our security measures in light of current technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
We cannot guarantee that your personal information is totally protected, for example, from misuse or hackers. If you enter personal information on our website, you should exercise due care to safeguard any passwords, ID number, or other special access features associated with your use of our website.
This is particularly true for information you send to us via email, as we have no way of protecting that information until it reaches us. Once we receive your personal information, we are required to protect it in accordance with the Act and the Australian Privacy Principals.
However, we will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information you may transmit to us or from our online products and services. Once we do receive your transmission, we will also make our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that:
- The information that we collect about you is up-to-date, complete and accurate at the time of collection;
- When we use your personal information, it is up-to-date, complete and accurate at the time of use; and
- If we disclose your personal information, it is up-to-date, complete and accurate at the time of disclosure.
- However, we will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
- We will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information from our system which is no longer required by us.
Collecting Information from Users
Our web servers gather your IP address to assist with the diagnosis of problems or support issues with our services. This information may be aggregated and used in broader statistical analysis by us and our web monitoring service provider without identifying you as the source of the analysed data.
We will surrender a user’s IP address if we suspect fraudulent activities.
Cookies and Applets
If you reject cookies, you may still use our site, but your ability to use some features on the site will be limited.
Access to Information
We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. You may also contact us by written request to PO Box 4099, Bunbury Western Australia 6230 with confirmation of your identity in order to access or confirm the personal information we are retaining on you. If, at any time, you discover that information held about you is incorrect, you may contact us to have the information corrected. In both these circumstances we will respond to you within a reasonable period after the request is made. If you wish us to correct your personal information and we refuse to do so then we will provide you with a written statement confirming the reasons for the refusal and the procedure to you to complain about the refusal.
Links to Other Sites
We provide links to web sites outside of our web sites, as well as to third party web sites. These linked sites are not under our control, and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of companies linked to our website. Before disclosing your personal information on any other website, we advise you to examine the terms and conditions of using that web site and its privacy statement.
Problems, Questions or Complaints
For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner’s web site; http://www.privacy.gov.au/.
If you have any complaints in relation to the handling or use of your personal information, we ask that you please contact us. If your complaint is not satisfactorily managed, you have the right to take your complaint to the Information Commissioner. More information about the Information Commissioner can be found here: http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy-portal/complaints_privacy.html. We will cooperate with any lawful and reasonable requests made by the Information Commissioner.
To contact us about how your personal information is handled, update your personal information details, or for any concerns you may have on our approach to privacy please write, telephone or email to:
Dorsett Retail Pty Ltd
PO Box 4099
Bunbury WA 6231
T: +61 8 9722 4175
E: [email protected]
Express Consent to Collection, Storage, Usage and Disclosure
Terms Of Service
By accessing the website at http://www.retravisioncommercial.com.au, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Retravision Commercial’s website. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- Modify or copy the materials;
- Use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- Attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Retravision Commercial’s website;
- Remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- Transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Retravision Commercial at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.